Fresh blueberry sauce is incredibly easy to prepare and makes a fantastic breakfast, snack or dessert when swirled into plain Greek yogurt.
- 2 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch table salt
- 3 cup(s) plain fat free Greek yogurt
In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and water; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the berries burst and cook down into a purple sauce, 5-7 minutes.
Remove sauce from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and salt; let cool to warm. (If not using right away, transfer to container, cover and refrigerate until serving. Reheat.)
To serve, spoon yogurt evenly into 6 small bowls; top evenly with warm berry sauce and gently swirl sauce into yogurt.
Serving size: 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup sauce
- Frozen blueberries can be used in place of fresh blueberries – especially when they are not in season. Just add a few minutes to the sauce cooking time.