- 2 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, grated, or more to taste (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 pinch table salt
- 3 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and water; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the berries burst and cook down into a purple sauce, about 5-7 minutes.
Remove sauce from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and salt; let cool to warm. (If not using right away, transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate until serving. Reheat before serving.)
To serve, spoon yogurt into small bowls; top with warm berry sauce and swirl sauce into yogurt. Garnish with lemon zest (optional).
Serving size: 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup sauce
- Frozen blueberries can be used in place of fresh blueberries – especially when they are not in season. Just add a few minutes to the sauce cooking time.