The classic flavors of Greece - olive oil, oregano and feta - top grilled eggplant in this easy side dish. It’s equally delicious warm or at room temperature.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium uncooked eggplant(s), about 1 lb, sliced into twelve 1/2-in rounds
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 6 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes and garlic powder; set aside.
Coat eggplant liberally with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill eggplant until lightly charred and tender, turning as needed, about 10 minutes.
Remove eggplant to a serving platter; evenly spoon and spread oil mixture over eggplant. Sprinkle with feta; garnish with oregano (and red pepper flakes if desired).
Serving size: 2 slices topped eggplant