Garlicky White Bean Dip
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 15 1/2 oz canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika, or chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- To prepare dip, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; sauté garlic, stirring constantly, until garlic just begins to turn golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a food processor (or blender), combine oil mixture, beans and lemon juice. Process until smooth, slowly adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to obtain a thick yet creamy consistency; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer dip to a small bowl and garnish with paprika or chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with fresh vegetables. Yields about 1/4 cup dip per serving.
Love garlic? Then add an extra clove or two to this delicious, creamy dip.