Make this dish more colorful by using an orange, purple or green cauliflower.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Store-bought balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 large clove(s) garlic clove(s), finely minced or grated on a microplane
- 12 oz uncooked baby potatoes, cut in half
- 2 pound(s) uncooked cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets (white, green or yellow varieties)
- 2 medium uncooked shallot(s), thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 large olive(s), green, pitted, preferably Castelvetrano
- 1 item(s) lemon(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley, flat-leaf, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place chicken in a shallow bowl; season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Add balsamic glaze, thyme and garlic; gently toss to coat and set aside.
Combine potatoes, cauliflower and shallots on a large sheet pan (at least 12- X 16-in); toss with oil, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/8 tsp pepper. Spread vegetables out in a single layer; bake until potatoes and cauliflower have started to brown, 20-25 minutes.
Remove pan from oven; toss vegetables with a spatula. Clear 4 spaces on pan; add chicken, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Return pan to oven; bake until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Toss in olives; grate lemon zest directly over sheet pan, distributing evenly. Then cut lemon in half and squeeze over top; sprinkle parsley over top and serve immediately.
Serving size: 3 oz chicken and 1 c vegetables
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.