- 1/2 medium fresh lime(s)
- 12 oz uncooked lean flank steak
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 large clementine(s), seedless
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), cored, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup(s) cooked bulgur, at room temperature
Preheat broiler. Squeeze lime over both sides of steak; sprinkle with chili powder and rub with your hands. Place steak on a broiler pan and broil, 4 inches from heat, until medium-rare, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for a few minutes and then thinly slice against grain.
Meanwhile, separate clemetines into segments and roughly chop; place in a medium bowl and toss with cilantro, jalapeño and scallions.
In a cup, stir together orange juice, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; set aside. Add steak to bowl with clementine mixture and pour juice mixture over top; toss well and serve over bulgur. Yields about 2 1/2 oz steak, 1/2 cup bulgur, 1/3 cup fruit mixture and 1 1/2 Tbsp dressing per serving.