- 12 medium fresh fig(s), stems removed, figs quartered
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 8 oz fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fat free skim milk
- 4 tsp honey
Combine the figs and orange juice in a small saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand 5 minutes. Drain, then divide the figs among 4 bowls.
Meanwhile, heat the nuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, shaking the pan constantly, until lightly toasted, 4 - 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Combine the yogurt and milk in a bowl; stir until smooth. Spoon the yogurt evenly over the figs. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of the toasted walnuts and 1 tsp honey. Yields 1 bowl per serving.
- If you can’t find it in a specialty store or supermarket’s dairy section, you can make your own yogurt cheese which is a reasonable substitute. To make yogurt cheese, spoon 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt into a sieve lined with a damp paper towel; place over a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, 1 1⁄2 hours or overnight. Discard the liquid in the bowl. Makes 1 cup yogurt cheese.