These cheese-stuffed endive look fancy but are really easy to make. They're sure to impress at any cocktail party.
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), blotted dry, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped (plus extra leaves for garnish)
- 2 tsp canned chipotle sauce
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 head(s), small endive, Belgian (about 24 leaves)
In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, roasted peppers, scallions, cilantro, chipotle sauce, salt and cumin until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (up to 1 day).
When ready to serve, spoon about 1 teaspoon of chipotle cheese mixture into bottom of each endive leaf; garnish with remaining fresh cilantro leaves. Arrange on a serving platter and serve. Yields 3 leaves per serving.
- If you’re not an endive fan, spoon the cheese filling onto thickly sliced cucumbers or into hollowed-out cherry tomatoes. Or serve it as a dip for tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.