- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/3 cup(s) seasoned breadcrumbs, Italian-style
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium uncooked eggplant(s)
- 2 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a medium-size bowl; set aside. Remove skin from eggplant and trim off ends; slice eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Dip eggplant first into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture. Bake eggplant on a nonstick cookie sheet until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once.
- Place a layer of eggplant on bottom of prepared baking dish, then add 1/3 of tomato sauce and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers in same order. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 10 minutes more. Slice into 4 pieces and serve.