This salad is a super combination of crunchy vegetables, bright tangy dressing and a little bit of richness from the eggs, cheese and avocado.
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 5 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 6 cup(s), chopped lettuce, or mixed baby greens
- 1 item(s), medium avocado, Hass, ripe, sliced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded carrot(s)
- 2 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), sliced or chopped
- 4 medium fresh radish(es), halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) canned yellow corn, or fresh corn
- 8 Tbsp soft-type goat cheese, (1/2 cup)
In a small bowl, whisk together water, shallot, tarragon, oil, vinegar, mustard, pepper and salt until blended.
Divide greens among 4 shallow bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4 each avocado, tomatoes, carrots, egg, radishes, corn and cheese. Drizzle each with about 2 tablespoons of dressing. Yields 1 salad per serving (about 2 1/2 cups salad ingredients and 2 tablespoons dressing).