Easy Italian White Bean Dip
- 19 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or less to taste
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated, or less to taste*
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) store-bought pesto sauce
- 1 medium plum tomato(es), diced, divided
- Put beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, water and salt in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Scrape mixture into a serving bowl; stir in pesto and all but 2 tablespoons of tomato. Refrigerate about 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- To serve, remove dip from refrigerator and let come to room temperature; sprinkle with remaining tomato. Yields about 3 1/2 tablespoons per serving.
For a fancier presentation, swirl the pesto into the dip.