- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), sliced lengthwise
- 1 3/4 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 10 oz frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1 cup(s) frozen cauliflower florets, defrosted
- 1 cup(s) frozen sliced carrots, defrosted
- 2 medium plum tomato(es), diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth, or water
- 10 item(s) dry roasted salted cashews, roughly chopped (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 medium fresh lime(s), quartered
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add curry powder and cayenne; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add peas, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes and salt; mix well.
Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with cashews and a drizzle of fresh lime juice. Yields about 1 cup vegetable mixture and 1/2 tablespoon cashews per serving.
- Serve over rice and with mango chutney for a complete meal, if desired (any additions to the recipe could affect its SmartPoints value).