Cuban-Style Braised Fish
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes with green chilis, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 27 gm olive(s), green (with pimientos), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked halibut fillet(s)
- 4 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir tomatoes, broth and olives into onion mixture and heat to simmer. Cut fish into 4 portions and arrange in skillet. Cover and cook until fish flakes with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
- To serve, remove fish to 4 plates. Spoon tomato and olive mixture over fish and top each serving with a sprinkle of almonds. Complement with broccoli.