- 4 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp lime zest, divided
- 2 tsp table salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean flank steak, washed, patted dry
- 1 large jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, deveined*
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s)
- 1 cup(s) mint leaves, or 1/2 cup each fresh mint and cilantro
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
Rub garlic, steak seasoning, 2 teaspoons lime zest and 1 teaspoon salt all over steak; set aside for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
Meanwhile, place jalapeno, onion, mint, lime juice, water, oil, honey, remaining teaspoon salt and remaining teaspoon lime zest in a food processor or blender; process to desired consistency and set aside (you can also chop this by hand for a chunky salsa-like consistency).
Preheat grill to high. Add steak and cook for 8 minutes per side for medium, or longer to desired degree of doneness. Remove steak to a serving plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil; let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against grain. Serve steak with sauce. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces steak and 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
- *Don't touch seeds with bare hands.