Crunchy Almond and Oat Chicken Fingers with Yogurt-Dijon Dipping Sauce
These will be a favorite with the kids! The sweet and crunchy chicken fingers are balanced by a slightly spicy dipping sauce.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cup(s) Weight Watchers Oat clusters with almonds cereal, coarsely crushed
- 3 Tbsp egg white(s)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fat free mayonnaise
- 30 oz uncooked skinless chicken breast with bone, thawed and patted dry (cut into about 15 tenders)
- 1 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 400 F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 each salt and pepper. Spread crushed cereal on a plate. Put egg whites in a shallow bowl.
Dip chicken in egg whites, then coat in crumbs and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden and crisp and chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, mustard, mayonnaise and remaining salt in small bowl. Serve with chicken fingers.
- Yields 1 chicken finger and about 1 Tbsp. dipping sauce per serving. Have leftovers? Make a “Fried” Chicken Salad by tossing cut up chicken fingers, mixed greens, grape tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and red onions with reduced-fat ranch dressing.