- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 10 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, (2 breasts)
- 8 oz uncooked pasta, cellentani or other twist shaped pasta
- 4 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, florets, fresh
- 8 Tbsp Weight Watchers Whipped reduced fat onion and chive cream cheese spread
- 1 tsp raw lemon peel, grated
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
Add chicken; cover and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until browned and instant read thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165 F.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions, adding broccoli 4 minutes before pasta will be done.
When chicken is done, remove to cutting board. Let cool 5 minutes. Slice crosswise, then cut slices in half.
Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta and broccoli. Return to pasta pot. Add cream cheese spread and cook, tossing over medium-low heat until pasta and broccoli are coated. (Stir in a little pasta cooking water if a thinner sauce is desired.)
Remove from heat and stir in lemon peel and kosher salt, then stir in chicken.
Spoon about 2 cups into each serving bowl. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tsp. grated cheese and grind fresh black pepper over top if desired.
- Yields 2 cups per serving.When making pasta it’s a good idea to remove and set aside some of the cooking water before draining. Sometimes it’s just what you need to add a little body to a thin sauce or to thin out a thick sauce without adding another liquid ingredient like chicken broth. It also helps when reheating pasta for those coming late to the table!