- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) prune puree, use baby food for ease
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quick oats
- 3/4 cup(s) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) crystallized ginger, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine flour, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy; stir in egg, prune puree and vanilla extract until combined.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two additions, mixing by hand in between additions; fold in oats, cranberries and ginger.
Use a 1 tablespoon measure to scoop out dough into 28 even-sized balls; set a few inches apart on prepared baking sheets Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Chopped dried cherries or apricots would be a delicious substitution in these scone-like cookies.