- 2 cup(s) water
- 5 1/3 fl oz white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 pound(s) uncooked Atlantic salmon fillet(s), washed and patted dry*SAUCE
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 medium lemon(s), zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp dill, fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp capers, small size
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
In a large pot, bring first five ingredients to a boil over high heat. Add fish to pot and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer gently until center of fish is no longer translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove fish with a slotted spatula to a serving plate and allow to cool before chilling in refrigerator.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together sauce ingredients; set aside.
Remove chilled fish from refrigerator and spoon sauce over top; garnish with dill sprigs, if desired. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces fish and 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
- *Leave the skin on so it's easier to cook the fish; remove the skin when serving.