Fresh ginger, sesame oil and chili paste give bottled hoisin sauce easy, delicious flavor. Serve the cod over steamed Chinese greens.
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil, toasted variety
- 1/2 tsp garlic chili paste, or hot sauce (or less to taste)
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lingcod fillet(s), washed and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
To make glaze, in a medium bowl, combine hoisin sauce, ginger, oil and chili paste; mix well. Add fish to bowl; turn to coat both sides, making sure to rub in all of the glaze.
Place fish in a baking dish; cook until no longer translucent in center, about 8 to 12 minutes (depending on thickness of fish).
Remove to a serving plate; garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces fish per serving.