- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 large uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander leaf
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 30 oz pumpkin puree, canned
- 2 cup(s) canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 tsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until shallot is softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in ginger, garlic, curry powder, coriander, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne; cook for 1 minute. Add pumpkin, broth, coconut milk and sugar; whisk to combine. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes for flavors to combine. Puree in pot using an immersion blender; stir in lime juice and garnish with cilantro. Yields about 1 1/4 cup per serving.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.