This no-cook tomato topping is quick and easy. It's fantastic with pasta but also delicious on grilled chicken, fish or scrambled eggs.
- 4 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), Campari, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, cut into ribbons
- 3 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
In a glass, stainless steel or other non-reactive mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- For a rich variation, toss part-skim ricotta cheese into hot, freshly drained pasta before adding the sauce (will affect SmartPoints value).