- 18 piece(s) unsalted pecan halves
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 Tbsp apple butter
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pecans on a cookie sheet; bake until nuts begin to brown and are fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar and both types of butter; beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until soft. Add egg white and vanilla; beat until combined, scraping mixture off sides of bowl as needed.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add to butter mixture; beat to combine.
- Drop dough by 1/2 tablespoons, about 1 inch apart, onto 1 or 2 ungreased cookie sheets; place 1 pecan half on top of each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes. Remove cookies with spatula to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.