- 1 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) white all-purpose flour
- 18 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz Sweet One Granulated sugar substitute
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Cascadian Farm® Organic Frozen Fruit Sweet cherries, candied cherries
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, nonstick plastic ovenware liner, or wax paper. In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, brown sugar, and vanilla; whisk until frothy. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the cherries, then add the egg mixture and stir to form a dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and divide it in half. Transfer the halves to the baking sheet and with floured hands form each into a long, thin loaf about 3/4-inch high. Bake until well risen and firm to the touch, 25–35 minutes. Cut the loaves into 30 (3/4-inch) slices; arrange the slices, flat-side down, on the baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, turn, and bake until crisp and dry to the touch on both sides, 10 minutes more. Cool the slices on wire racks.
- Candied cherries are sometimes called glacé cherries and have been dried, then coated with sugar syrup. If you prefer, you can replace them with an equal amount of dried cherries, raisins, or whole almonds. To gild the lily, melt 2 ounces white chocolate in a small glass measuring cup, and with a small spoon drizzle it over the cooled biscotti.