- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 medium uncooked shallot(s), or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety, or more to taste
- 20 item(s) baked low fat tortilla chips
- 7 Tbsp Weight Watchers Natural reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) fat free salsa
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced, plus extra leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat oil over medium heat; then add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, salt and chile powder; mash with back of spoon or potato masher to make a pulpy mixture. Remove from heat; set aside.
Place tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon bean mixture over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon salsa over top; immediately sprinkle with cilantro. Yields five topped chips per serving.