Forget Chinese take-out: This sweet and savory chicken recipe is delicious and a breeze to make. It's wonderful served over brown rice.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s)
- 1 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
- 1/2 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), cut in half lengthwise on a diagonal
- 1/2 breast(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), diced
- 1/4 cup(s) canned pineapple packed in juice, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) black bean sauce
- 2 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, kept warm (regular or instant)
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions, ginger and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add pineapple (with its juice) and black bean sauce to skillet; bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
Divide rice among 4 shallow bowls and spoon chicken mixture over top. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.