Chicken Taco Salad
- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 8 medium corn tortilla(s), cut into 4 wedges each
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 cup(s), shredded romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 pound(s) roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), diced
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free salsa
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange tortillas on baking sheet; spray tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange tortillas in bottom and up sides of 4 salad bowls. Place 1/4 of lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and cheese in each bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, salsa, cumin and pepper sauce. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons dressing over each salad.
This recipe is well-spiced but if you really want to turn up the heat, add a few dashes of hot pepper sauce.