- 6 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp light butter, stick variety
- 2 medium uncooked shallot(s), finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced (use an assortment such as white, cremini, oyster, shiitake)
- 3 medium uncooked carrot(s), sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine, dry variety
- 1/4 cup(s) white all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 16 oz skinless rotisserie chicken breast, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup(s) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup(s) reduced-fat pancake and baking mix
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp chives, minced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a shallow 10-inch square (2 ½ qt) baking dish with cooking spray.
To make filling, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring often, until golden, 2–3 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrots; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 5 minutes. Add wine and increase heat to high; boil until evaporated, 8–9 minutes. Stir in flour until blended.
Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring to scrape browned bits from bottom of skillet, 1 minute. Stir in chicken, peas, ¼ c half-and-half, thyme, salt and cayenne; transfer to prepared baking dish.
To make topping, in a small bowl, combine baking mix, remaining 1/3 c half-and-half and chives; stir just until blended.
Drop topping by heaping Tbsp over filling to form 12 biscuits. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and filling is bubbly, 18–20 minutes
Serving size: 1 c filling with 2 biscuits