- 3 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4-oz pieces
- 2 item(s) egg white(s), lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s), shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper; using a rolling pin, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. (To watch a video of this technique, click here.)
Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs with Italian seasoning and salt. Dip chicken in egg whites; turn to coat. Dip chicken in bread crumb mixture; turn to thoroughly coat.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and add oil; heat over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in center, about 4 minutes per side (cook chicken in batches if necessary).
Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into prepared baking dish; place chicken in pan in a single layer. Pour remaining sauce evenly over chicken; sprinkle with both cheeses. Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Yields 1 piece of chicken per serving.