Chicken Pad Thai
- 7 oz packaged rice noodles
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) fish sauce, divided
- 4 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, florets
- 1 medium uncooked carrot(s), finely sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger root, fresh, finely minced
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 tsp peanut oil, divided
- 1 tsp green hot chili peppers, or red chili pepper, Thai-variety, deveined, seeded, minced*
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked bean sprouts
- 2 1/2 oz peanuts, dry-roasted, salted, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, minced
- Soak noodles in cold water for 1 hour.
- Place chicken in a small bowl and cover with 1 tablespoon of fish sauce; set aside.
- Steam broccoli and carrot until crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately immerse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, 3 tablespoons of lime juice, sugar, water and ginger; mix well and set aside.
- Coat a large wok or skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons of oil. When hot, add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm; set aside.
- Drain noodles thoroughly. Off heat, coat same wok or skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat; add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. When hot, sauté garlic and chili pepper until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add noodles and fish sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce is mostly absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and peanuts; remove from heat. Add remaining tablespoon of lime juice, bean sprouts and cilantro; mix well. Serve immediately. Yields about 2 cups per serving.
*Do not touch seeds with bare hands.