- 1 item(s) California (Hass) avocado, ripe
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp lime zest, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp jerk seasoning
- 12 cup(s) romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 15 oz hearts of palm, canned, drained, sliced
- 2 medium corn, on the cob, kernels removed with a knife
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pineapple, diced
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup(s), sliced fresh radish(es), or jicama
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), halved, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 medium English cucumber(s), diced
Place avocado, cilantro, water, yogurt, lime juice, garlic and hot sauce in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Season to taste with lime zest, salt and pepper (you can make the dressing up to 8 hours in advance but stir in lime zest just before serving).
Soak onion in a small bowl of ice water to help tame its bite.
Meanwhile, off heat, coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray; heat grill to medium-high heat.
Season chicken with oil and jerk seasoning. Grill, turning once, until grill marks appear and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 6 minutes per side.
Drain onion; squeeze dry.
Place lettuce on a large platter and arrange hearts of palm, corn, pineapple, tomato, radish or jicama, peppers, cucumbers and red onion in separate rows over top; sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper (optional).
Slice chicken on diagonal and arrange over vegetables; drizzle with dressing before serving.
Serving size: 2 c
- Marinate the chicken overnight to amp up the jerk flavor.