- 1 tsp olive oil
- 20 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), (4 5-ounce breasts)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 10 medium olive(s), black, sliced
- 1 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained, chopped
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, (1 can)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper and add to skillet. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate and set aside.
Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Stir in olives and capers; pour in tomatoes. Bring to simmer, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently, just until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet; cook just until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast and about ⅓ cup sauce
- Browning the chicken well before making the sauce is key to this dish’s delectably deep flavor, so don’t rush the chicken out of the skillet.