A simple marinade lends amazing flavor to classic grilling fare. Serve over rice or couscous for a quick weeknight supper or double this recipe to serve a crowd.
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tsp rosemary, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 16 cubes
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean tenderloin beef, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, cut into 24 chunks
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), cut into 24 chunks
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), cut into 6 pieces each
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
In a glass dish, combine mustard, vinegar, sugar, oil, rosemary, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; add chicken and beef. Toss to coat and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
When ready to cook, thread each of 8 long metal skewers with 3 pieces of each vegetable, 2 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of beef; brush any remaining marinade over skewers.
Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; heat to medium-high. Grill skewers, turning frequently, until chicken is firm and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Serving size: 2 skewers
- You could substitute eggplant, yellow/orange peppers or yellow summer squash with equally delicious results.