- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) Weight Watchers Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low fat, sharp-variety
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), cut into 4 thin slices
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
- 1 small fresh tomato(es), cut into 8 thin slices
Preheat grill to medium-hot heat.**
In a medium bowl, gently combine beef, garlic, salt and pepper; form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Place on grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes on one side; flip and continue cooking until desired degree of doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Sprinkle each burger with 1 tablespoon of cheese; cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Meanwhile, brush both sides of onion with oil. Grill until bottom is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip onion and sprinkle with oregano; grill for 2 to 3 minutes more.
Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill. Place burgers on buns and top each with 1 slice onion (separated into rings) and 2 tomato slices. Yields 1 cheeseburger per serving.
- *Could affect the recipe's SmartPoints value.**You can also make this recipe using a stovetop grill pan. Cooking time may vary. The secret to a juicy, lean burger is to avoid pressing down on the patty while it's cooking so it retains its juices.