Enjoy these superb grilled tomatoes bubbly and hot. They’re so sensual and sweet you might need to eat them behind closed doors.
- 24 medium fresh cherry tomato(es), red
- 24 medium fresh cherry tomato(es), yellow
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp basil, minced, fresh
Toss red and yellow tomatoes, oil, and salt together in medium bowl. Thread 8 tomatoes on each of 6 large metal skewers, alternating red and yellow. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 20 minutes to prevent charring.)
Preheat grill to high. Grill skewers, turning several times for even cooking, until tomatoes start to blister, 6−7 minutes. Place skewers on platter, drizzle with vinegar, and sprinkle with basil.
Serving size: 1 skewer