- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp salted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next three ingredients in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk; stir just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 4 or 5 times. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 21/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with light butter and honey, if desired (may affect POINTS value). Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 biscuit).