Brown Rice California Rolls
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked long grain brown rice, short-grain (not instant)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 sheet(s) nori seaweed
- 6 oz cooked Alaskan king crab leg, or four 1.5 oz crabstick legs
- 1/4 item(s), medium avocado, Hass, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s), julienned
- 8 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups of water, rice and vinegar; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice sticks together, about 30 to 35 minutes total; remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place seaweed sheets on a baking sheet and place in oven. Toast until warm and soft, about 1 to 2 minutes. Arrange seaweed on a flat surface or bamboo sushi mat. With wet hands, press rice onto seaweed (about 1/4 cup per sheet) to within 1/2-inch of edges. Press until rice is flat and forms an even layer.
- Arrange 1/4 each of crab, avocado and cucumber down center of each sheet. Starting from one end and pressing down gently, roll up seaweed into a tight roll.
- Using a wet, sharp knife, slice each roll crosswise into 4 pieces (discard the ends if they have no rice or filling). Serve with soy sauce on the side. Yields 4 pieces sushi (1 full roll) plus 2 teaspoons of soy sauce per serving.
*Could affect SmartPoints values.