- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, leaves (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp ginger root, grated, peeled
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, at room temperature
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1 small uncooked red onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 medium uncooked carrot(s), cut into matchstick strips
- 1 item(s), medium uncooked bell pepper(s), red variety, chopped
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup(s) mango(es), peeled, pitted, and diced
Puree lime juice, cilantro leaves, sesame oil, water, honey, ginger, and salt in blender or mini–food processor.
Combine rice, beans, avocado, onion, carrot, bell pepper, tomatoes, and mango in large bowl and toss to combine. Add lime juice mixture and toss to coat.
Divide evenly among 4 bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- Use a packet of precooked brown rice or brown rice from a Chinese take-out restaurant for this recipe.