A delicious way to start your day. Toss in some diced Canadian-style bacon for smoky flavor.*
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 slice(s) whole wheat bread
- 3 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 3 Tbsp sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 3 Tbsp uncooked zucchini, diced
- 2 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Weight Watchers Natural reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat two oven-safe, 8-ounce ramekins (3 1/2-inches in diameter) with cooking spray. Cut a circle from each slice of bread and firmly press into bottoms of both ramekins; set aside.
Lightly coat a medium sauté pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and zucchini to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and onion is translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Promptly remove from heat; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well combined; stir in cooked vegetables and cheese. Pour equal amounts of egg-vegetable mixture into each ramekin. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted into center of a ramekin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove promptly from oven; let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Yields 1 ramekin per serving.
- Want to avoid too much early-morning prep? Cook the vegetables and whisk the eggs the night before. Combine ingredients, cover and store in refrigerator overnight. Then just preheat oven, cut bread circles and pour mixture into ramekins when you’re ready for breakfast the next morning.*Could affect SmartPoints value.