Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, leaves
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), smashed with side of a knife, peeled
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 oz uncooked lean and trimmed beef tenderloin, (use two 1-inch-thick steaks)
- In a blender or food processor, place parsley, cilantro, garlic, water, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Blend on high, pulsing, until a smooth sauce is formed; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; add beef to skillet and cook, flipping once, about 7 to 8 minutes for medium, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Serve with sauce. Yields 1 steak and about 1/3 cup sauce per serving.
You can grill the steak if desired (cooking time may vary from above).