Banana snack bread
4 medium, very ripe, unpeeled
Plain fat free yogurt
Unpacked light brown sugar
3 Tbsp, softened
1 large egg(s)
¼ cup(s), toasted
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a 9 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place bananas on a baking sheet; bake until peels are deep golden, 10 minutes. Let bananas cool slightly; slice peel open. Scoop out banana flesh into a medium bowl; mash. Add yogurt, brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla to bowl; whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until blended.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Pour into prepared baking pan; sprinkle on walnuts.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack 10 minutes and then remove from pan; cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar; cut into 9 pieces.
- Serving size: 1 piece