- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus
- 1 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), cut in half
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp unsweetened orange juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese, fresh, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Chop tough ends off asparagus. Boil asparagus just until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. (Or microwave asparagus about 2 to 3 minutes.)
Plunge asparagus into a large bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking; drain and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle tomatoes over top.
In a cup, stir together vinegar, orange juice and garlic; season to taste. Spoon dressing over asparagus and tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese and serve. Yields 1/4 of asparagus per serving.