- 2 sheet(s) phyllo dough, cut into three strips each
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free egg substitute
- 1 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded low fat Swiss cheese
- 4 oz cooked turkey bacon, cooked until crisp, and crumbled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
Lay phyllo in pie plate, one piece at a time, spraying each layer with nonstick spray; dough should cover bottom and sides of plate in overlapping layers. Fold in any overhanging corners.
Whisk eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne together in small bowl.
Sprinkle Swiss cheese and bacon over phyllo. Pour in egg mixture and place plate on baking sheet. Bake until firm, 30−35 minutes. Cool at least 5 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.
Serving size: 1 wedge
- If you want more veggies in your quiche, add 1 cup chopped steamed broccoli florets to the pie plate along with the cheese and bacon in Step 4.