Bacon and Swiss Quiche
- 2 sheet(s) phyllo dough, cut into three strips each
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free egg substitute
- 1 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup(s), shredded low-fat hard or semisoft cheese, Swiss, grated
- 4 oz cooked turkey bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Lay phyllo dough in pie plate, one piece at a time, coating each layer with cooking spray dough should cover bottom and sides of dish. Fold in any overhanging corners.
- Whisk together eggs, egg substitute, milk, flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle cheese and bacon over phyllo dough. Pour in egg mixture and place quiche on a baking sheet. Bake until firm, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.