- 2 sheet(s) phyllo dough, cut into three strips each
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free egg substitute
- 1 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup(s), shredded low-fat hard or semisoft cheese, Swiss, grated
- 4 oz cooked turkey bacon, diced
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
Lay phyllo dough in pie plate, one piece at a time, coating each layer with cooking spray dough should cover bottom and sides of dish. Fold in any overhanging corners.
Whisk together eggs, egg substitute, milk, flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Sprinkle cheese and bacon over phyllo dough. Pour in egg mixture and place quiche on a baking sheet. Bake until firm, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.