- 1/2 cup(s) canned cranberry sauce, whole-berry or jellied
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 8 cup(s) fresh mixed baby greens
- 3 medium pear(s), ripe but firm, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 oz honey roasted almond(s), walnuts or pecans (about 6 Tbsp)
- 6 Tbsp, grated parmesan cheese, shaved (use a microplane or vegetable peeler to get paper-thin shavings)
In a medium bowl, whisk together cranberry sauce, vinegar, water, oil and mustard; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place greens in a large serving bowl. Add dressing, pears and nuts; toss to mix and coat. Scatter shaved Parmesan on top. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving.
- Thinly sliced apples make a great substitute for the pears.