Ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and a touch of oyster sauce give this asparagus dish easy flavor. We used chicken broth but water is fine, too.
- 2 1/4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, minced (or to taste)
- 2 small clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp canned chicken broth, or water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
Heat oil over high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until browned. Add asparagus and cook for 30 seconds.
Add broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add oyster sauce and red pepper flakes; stir and cook until heated through, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.