You'll love the variety of textures in this main-dish salad: crisp noodles, crunchy greens, juicy oranges and tender beef.
- 3 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
- 8 cup(s) mixed greens
- 1 cup(s) canned unsweetened mandarin orange(s), drained
- 1/3 cup(s) packaged chow mein noodles
In a large bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, oil and hoisin sauce; add steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, or up to overnight. Remove steak to a plate; reserve marinade.
Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil steak for 8 minutes on each side for medium, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak and slice into thin strips.
Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute more.
To serve, place 2 cups of greens on each of 4 plates. Top each with about 3 ounces of steak, 1/4 cup of oranges and 1 heaping tablespoon of noodles; drizzle each salad with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooked and cooled marinade. Yields 1 salad per serving.