- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 15 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 7 oz roasted red peppers (packed in water), cut into thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 5 oz arugula, baby leaves (about 8 cups loosely packed)
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese, or shaved Parmesan cheese
Combine, water, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) in a large bowl; whisk to blend. Stir in beans, tomatoes and roasted peppers; toss well. Add arugula; toss to mix and coat. Sprinkle salad with cheese; grind additional black pepper over top, if desired. Yields about 2 cups salad per serving.
- Chickpeas would be a nice addition to this salad (could affect SmartPoints value). The dressing, beans, tomatoes and roasted peppers can be tossed in a large bowl and refrigerated up to 8 hours before serving. Add arugula and toss to coat just before serving.