- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) white all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 Tbsp spiced seasoning mix, apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk, plus 1 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp regular butter, melted
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 8 oz Weight Watchers Whipped Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Spread, softened
- 2 Tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 nonstick muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
Mix both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice together in a bowl; set aside.
In another bowl, beat egg, 1 tsp. vanilla, yogurt, ½ cup milk and butter until well combined; gently mix in reserved dry ingredients and apple until just combined.
Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
Using a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese, honey, remaining 1 tsp. vanilla and remaining 1 Tbsp. milk together in a large bowl until well combined. Spread 1 heaping Tbsp. frosting on top of each muffin and serve.