Apple muffins with cream cheese frosting
WW Reduced-fat whipped cream cheese spread
8 oz, soften
Whole wheat flour
Spiced seasoning mix
1 Tbsp, apple pie spice
Packed brown sugar
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fat free skim milk
½ cup(s), plus 1 Tbsp.
2 Tbsp, melted
Granny Smith apple
1 medium, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 nonstick muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice together in a bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg, 1 tsp. vanilla, yogurt, ½ cup milk and butter until well combined; gently mix in reserved dry ingredients and apple until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese, honey, remaining 1 tsp. vanilla and remaining 1 Tbsp. milk together in a large bowl until well combined. Spread 1 heaping Tbsp. frosting on top of each muffin and serve.