- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 6 tsp sugar, granulated
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large fresh apple(s), peeled, cored, grated (McIntosh or Granny Smith)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar and salt; mix well. Whisk in egg substitute, milk and extract; stir in apples.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop apple mixture into pan, making 8 even fritters. Cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. (If your pan is not large enough to cook all 8 fritters at once, cook in 2 batches using 1/2 tablespoon butter per batch.)
- Sift powdered sugar over top of fritters just before serving.
- Serving size: 1 fritter