How many SmartPoints® do I get on WW?
What are SmartPoints?
There's no calorie counting on WW. Instead, we use SmartPoints, which are smarter, and more personalized, than counting calories alone.
Calories only tell part of the story. 100 calories worth of cookies doesn’t have the same nutritional value as 100 calories of turkey, tofu. or veggies.
THREE FAST FACTS
1. To lose weight, we need to burn more calories than we take in. That’s why... calories establish the baseline of SmartPoints value.
2. Saturated fat and sugar increase the risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes, while protein helps you feel more satisfied. That’s why... saturated fat and sugar increase SmartPoints value and protein decreases it.
3. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, having a balanced eating pattern over time is more important than what you eat for a particular meal or particular day. That’s why... myWW+™ has weeklies and rollovers—they provide flexibility and livability on your journey.
How to get your SmartPoints number
When you download the app, you’ll be prompted to provide details including your age, height, weight, sex, and weight-loss goals. Based on this information, you’ll receive a personalized SmartPoints Budget.
Say your daily SmartPoints Budget is 23:
This is how the My Day screen—the first screen that pops up when you open the app—will look at the beginning of the week for someone matched with Blue.
Let’s say you have a daily Budget of 23...
... and your day looks like this:
- Breakfast: Berry crush overnight oats (4 SmartPoints)
Snack: Fresh fruit salad (0)
Lunch: Roasted turkey and grape salad (2)
Snack: Starbucks grande cappuccino with non-fat milk (3)
Dinner: Pepperoni pizza bubble up (6)
Dessert: Chocolate espresso mousse shots - 2 of 'em! (4)
Total = 19 SmartPoints
The extra 4 SmartPoints will be automatically rolled over into your weeklies to give you more flexibility later in the week. (Hello, wine!)
Please note: these SmartPoints values are correct for Blue on myWW+™ and may differ on Green or Purple.
You can also swap your FitPoints® for more SmartPoints
Just like SmartPoints help you be mindful of what you're eating, FitPoints help you become aware of how active you are.
- You earn FitPoints for all physical activities, from running and resistance training to gardening or cleaning your house.
- If you’ve earned enough FitPoints and you’ve run out of weeklies, you can swap them for SmartPoints if you like.
- Don't worry, we'll do the math for you!
Does my SmartPoints Budget change as I lose weight?
It does, and that's a good thing!
A smaller body uses less energy and requires fewer SmartPoints. When you reach your weight-loss goal and want to maintain your weight, you'll switch to maintenance. At that point your SmartPoints Budget will shift up slightly so you don’t continue to lose.
How can I track my SmartPoints?
Our award-winning app is the simplest way to keep track of what you eat, and our innovative rewards program, WellnessWins™, recognizes tracking with FREE rewards, like yoga mats, class passes, and other products that will help you reach your goals, delivered right to your door!
RELATED: Get free rewards for building healthy habits