Power Packed Popcorn Cookies
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 8 min Serves: 48 Difficulty: Easy
1 1⁄2 tbsp Jolly Time American's Best 94% fat free butter flavor microwave popcorn (3 pack)
1⁄4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp table salt
1⁄2 cup(s) light butter
1 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
1 item(s) egg(s)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup(s) toasted wheat germ
1⁄2 cup(s) uncooked oatmeal
1⁄2 cup(s) unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup(s) raisins
1⁄2 cup(s) sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together and add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture and wheat germ and oatmeal until well blended.
- Add coconut, popcorn, raisins and sunflower seeds, if desired, and mix until well blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet, allowing 2 inches between cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool on pan 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.