By Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
I don’t know about you, but this time of year is really, really busy. It’s back-to-school season — and while I don’t have kids, work gets busier this time of year. I’ve even felt compelled to do a lot of fall house cleaning! It also seems like the time to schedule every single doctor’s appointment.
No matter why you’re busy, all of us can appreciate some easy entrées for this busy season, right? That’s why I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite SmartPoints®-friendly meals for busy weeknights — plus a few of my best time-saving suggestions for the kitchen.
Let’s start with those time-saving tips:
- Plan out your meals. Yup, if you know what you’re putting on the table, you’ll be more likely to have all the ingredients on hand and speed up meal-prep time.
- Cook once, eat twice. Whether that means making extra food and repurposing those leftovers for the next night — or making extra chicken breast, for example, one night and using the extras in an all-new recipe the next night, that’s up to you.
- Enlist little helpers. Trying to keep the kids occupied while you make dinner? Bring them into the kitchen. Younger kids can help with tasks like washing fruits and vegetables, and older kids can sharpen math skills by helping you measure.
And now, onto those favorite meals:
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl: 7 SmartPoints value
- Garden Veggie Burgers with Sriracha Ranch Dressing: 5 SmartPoints value
- Goat Cheese–Mushroom Quesadillas with Chipotle Cream: 7 SmartPoints value
What are your favorite meals for busy days and nights? Tell me on Connect @amy_gorin!
Read more posts from The Eat List.